Black Shuck remains discovered?

The Black shuck is believed to be a seven foot hound with glowing red eyes that terrorized the part of East Anglia during the 16th Century. Based on the legends,  a quick glimpse on the creature signals your impending death.

 On May of 2014, about 500 years after the recorded attacks of the Black Shuck, archaeologist discovered remains of a 7 ft. tall dog.  The skeletons were discovered on the ruins of Leiston Abbey.  What is chilling is that the place where it was discovered was only a few miles away where the alleged attack of the Black Shuck happened.  The two churches where the Black Shuck was believed to kill worshippers during a night filled with thunderstorm on August of 1577 is near the area of the discovery.  In addition archaeologist estimated that the time that the remains were buried was also the time that the Black Shuck allegedly terrorized the city of Suffolk in East Anglia.

The incident that happened in Blythburgh dubbed as the Blythburgh werewolves wherein the creature brushed itself to a worshipper and instantly killed it.  It is said that those who tried to help the poor man also suffered the same fate.

The next church would be the St. Mary’s Church in Bungay which is 12 miles away.  2 people were believed to be killed in the process. In a 1577 document by Rev. Abraham Fleming, he described an eerie encounter with the beast on how it was able to send chills and fear to those in the area.  A Black Shuck was also depicted in the Coat of Arms of Bungay to remember that fateful day.


As of now the archaeologists are subjecting the remains into a modern day test in order to further analyze the remains of the alleged Black Shuck.  This can really be one of the most important discoveries in the history of werewolves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bisclavaret

Skadegamutc

Emilie Sagee